map_variable(variable, points, input_units='same', *, name=None, parent=None, verbose=True) → WrightTools.data._data.Data¶
Map points of an axis to new points using linear interpolation.
Out-of-bounds points are written nan.
- variable (string) – The variable to map onto.
- points (array-like or int) – If array, the new points. If int, new points will have the same limits, with int defining the number of evenly spaced points between.
- input_units (str (optional)) – The units of the new points. Default is same, which assumes the new points have the same units as the axis.
- name (string (optional)) – The name of the new data object. If None, generated from natural_name. Default is None.
- parent (WrightTools.Collection (optional)) – Parent of new data object. If None, data is made at root of a new temporary file.
- verbose (bool (optional)) – Toggle talkback. Default is True.
New data object.