split(expression, positions, *, units=None, parent=None, verbose=True) → WrightTools.collection._collection.Collection¶
Split the data object along a given expression, in units.
- expression (int or str) – The expression to split along. If given as an integer, the axis at that index is used.
- positions (number-type or 1D array-type) – The position(s) to split at, in units.
- units (str (optional)) – The units of the given positions. Default is same, which assumes input units are identical to first variable units.
- parent (WrightTools.Collection (optional)) – The parent collection in which to place the ‘split’ collection. Default is a new Collection.
- verbose (bool (optional)) – Toggle talkback. Default is True.
A Collection of data objects. The order of the objects is such that the axis points retain their original order.