pcolor_helper(xi, yi, zi=None)¶
Prepare a set of arrays for plotting using pcolor.
This function is Deprecated as of WrightTools 3.3.0. Matplotlib introduced the
shading="nearest"in version 3.3.0 on pcolor and associated methods, which accomplishes the same goal, in a much cleaner way.
The return values are suitable for feeding directly into
matplotlib.pcolorsuch that the pixels are properly centered.
- xi (1D or 2D array-like) – Array of X-coordinates.
- yi (1D or 2D array-like) – Array of Y-coordinates.
- zi (2D array (optional, deprecated)) – If zi is not None, it is returned unchanged in the output.
- X (2D ndarray) – X dimension for pcolor
- Y (2D ndarray) – Y dimension for pcolor
- zi (2D ndarray) – if zi parameter is not None, returns zi parameter unchanged